Monday, November 26, 2012

Welcome Shadow Stevens

The 13th

Magic in Strega Bluff is like parking meters in other cities. The quaint New England town is home to a large community of witches, warlocks--and many secrets. Jade Hansen loved living there until the untimely death of her parents. 

After a much-needed sabbatical, she returns to find the peaceful hamlet turned upside down. A string of murders haunts the city and everyone is potential a target, but even worse, they are all suspects. A family secret puts Jade in the middle and her loved ones in danger. Dodging an evil warlock set on revenge, she is in a race to stop the killer before it’s too late.  

Follow Shadow on Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads / Blog


About Shadow Stephens

Story telling seems to be a part of my DNA. Since childhood, I made up fantastical characters and brought them to life. Part of it was to escape the turmoils of childhood and some were just for fun. Sitting beside my couch is a constant stack of history, biographies, and compelling fiction, which means I have many overloaded bookshelves. Wouldn't that be great to have a room just full of shelves? I would love to see a wave of outstanding, self-published authors take over the market. I think it's important to own your work and take pride in it. Writing several novels and short stories, I know the trials of writing and rejection. Constructive criticism can only make you better. Never doubt yourself.  

Tour Prize 5 sets of Broken Butterflies and Legion of Bats ebooks. Open Int. Click here to follow the tour and enter.


Now for the interview...

Welcome Shadow Stevens!

Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself. What do you do for fun? 

I love to hike and take awesome photographs of nature and landscapes. I have a house full of animals, so they keep me occupied and entertained.


Q: What do you like most about the genre you write in? 

Writing Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy gives you the opportunity to create a world that would never exist. Characters can have super human strength, be hybrids, the most evil creation, or the town drunk who’s always in jail. It’s the same concept as going to a movie; you want to be taken to a world other than your own.


Q: Where is your favorite place to write? 

This is a boring answer because I always write in my living room. I have to have noise so the TV is always on. I do like to travel and experience other places to get a feel for them. Sometimes they inspire you to write a story around them.


Q: What’s your next project? 

I’m working on the sequel to Broken Butterflies. This is something new for me because I have never written a series of books. There are so many stories in my head that I just want to get to the next one. I kept getting messages on Facebook asking me to keep the story going, so you asked and it’s coming together well. I’m getting excited as I write it. My characters kind of become a part of me and it’s always sad to let them go. I have the first chapter posted on my website www.shadowstephens.com. I like to give my readers a little taste to get them as excited as I am.


Q: How do you feel about Dr. Pepper? 

I’m a Pepsiholic. The Pepper is okay, but it’s not my first choice. If the folks that make Pepsi went on strike and gave us a shortage like the Twinkie situation I think I may have a break down. I can see myself on the news when I get arrested for breaking in and stealing any Pepsi that’s left. 


Thanks so much for being here today, Shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment