Monday, November 5, 2012

Those Violet Eyes Review

JUST ONE CHAPTER, I told myself as I took a much needed break from NaNoWriMo - 30 days and nights of literary abandon.

Well, just one chapter wasn't enough. I couldn't put this gem down once I started so here's my review... 

Evie Caldwell hates her life. Five years ago, she gave up college and her dream of teaching to care for her ailing mother. Now, she's trapped taking care of her worthless brother and the family ranch. Waiting tables to earn her way out of Texas, the last thing she wants is a muscleman with a macho Marine attitude complicating her life. But, oh, how that man makes her insides melt.

Wounded vet Win Fairchild returns to Texas to heal, find a piece of his soul, and open a ranch for amputee children. Finding someone to love is not on his agenda. But when he starts work at the Lonesome Steer Honky Tonk, a spitfire with violet eyes and a major attitude instantly captures his heart.

Evie just wants to escape, but now that Win knows what he wants, can he convince Evie to stay in Texas--and his bed?

Buy on Amazon or B&N or The Wild Rose Press


Those Violet EyesThose Violet Eyes by Vonnie Davis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely endearing!

I was hooked by the title. I love it. The author weaves a wonderful story that’s funny, romantic, and has realistic and fun characters. My absolute favorite parts of this story as a whole are Win’s messages: 1. Go after your dreams, no matter the cost. And 2. What it is to be a man and how to treat a woman. I truly wish more men understood this because there are too many Dooley’s in the world today. I don’t want to give too much away but I thought the ending was perfect. I loved it all. Bravo!

View all my reviews

7 comments:

  1. I agree, Lisa. Those Violet Eyes is a wonderful romantic tale. And the perfect escape from NaNo hell. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and now I can guess what a Dooley is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Vonnie's title, as well! Will be moving this up on my TBR list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with your review Lisa! I adore Vonnie's writing. She is a must-have writer for me - and added to that, one of the most lovely and funny people I know. No wonder her work shines, huh? :)
    I've got her Tumbleweed Letters on my kindle but I don't dare open it under AFTER Nano - or I'd have the same (wonderful) problem as you I suspect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this before you and I totally agree it's a wonderful reprieve, Lisa. Now to write my review!

    ReplyDelete