Friday, November 2, 2012

Welcome Debra L. Martin


The Silver Cross

There are two things Boston detective Lacey Gardner knows about killing vampires. Slicing off a head or a hit directly to the heart are the only surefire ways to kill one. Silver is their Achilles heel. A vampire never wears silver.

When she meets bartender extraordinaire, Damon Harte, her heart does a quickstep for the dark hunky guy. She’s learned the hard way that having a love interest in her line of work can be heart-wrenching. She’s kept to herself for years, but something about Damon captivates her and draws her to him. When she learns Damon’s devastating secret, she knows what she has to do: kill the man who has stolen her heart.


Authors' blog


Buy on Amazon


Now for the interview - Welcome Debra!  

Thanks Lisa for hosting me today on your blog.

Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself. What do you do for fun?

I’m afraid I don’t have much time for fun these days. Between working full-time, writing, reviewing books and managing my craft business, I’m pretty much scheduled all the time. I love both writing and creating my light boxes. These are my creative outlets. This fall I have four craft shows scheduled. I love interacting and meeting new people. When I do have some free time, you can find happily browsing in the bookstore.

Q: What do you like most about the genre you write in?

Most of the books my brother Dave and I write are in the fantasy genre. Three of them are epic fantasy and our newest release is urban fantasy. Writing a fantasy allows you to create your own world. In the Otharia novels, our cast of characters all have some level of psi powers whether its telekinesis, telepathy or empathy. The hardest part in creating a world though is to make sure it follows some natural laws so the reader can relate and believe in it.

Q: Where is your favorite place to write?

Funny you should ask that question. Last year I was out for 6 months with a back injury and couldn’t sit in my office for any length of time. Lucky for me I have laptop and I was able to write while resting in bed. I had all my fluffy pillows around me, and my kitties, of course. Even now that I feel better, I still prefer to sit in bed with my laptop. It seems so natural to me and I can write for hours (as long as I don’t turn on the TV, that is.)

Q: What’s your next project?

Dave and I are working on the sequel to “Assassin’s Curse.” The book is called “Witch’s Curse” and will continue the story of Jeda and his twin daughters of prophecy. We hope to have this one finished early in 2013. We still have the third volume to write in the Rule of Otharia series as well. “The King’s Last Word” will wrap up that series and should be published in 2014.

Q: How do you feel about Dr. Pepper? 

Sorry, I don’t drink soda. I’ve never had a Dr. Pepper. Am I missing something?



YES, yes you are! 



Thanks for stopping by today, Debra!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. Love vampires!! (I don't drink soda either. I'm a coffee and tea gal.)

    kmnbooks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete