Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Welcome C.G. Powell

I'm so happy to have C.G. Powell here to answer a few questions!




Q: Where do the ideas for your books come from? 

A: Life experience, random things in my head...That weird inner voice, but not the one that says “it’s okay, go ahead and have another Oreo.”  I get ideas from everywhere and anything.

Q: What made you decide to write in the Sci-Fi genre?

A: I’m a complete nerd, I went from 16 years of Aviation Electronics to getting my CCNA (Cisco Networking) plus my certificate in Gemology.  I love science, so how could I not write Sci/Fi?  I also have a crazy imagination and a love of history.  For the most part what I write is Fantasy/Scifi.

Q: What writers inspire you?

A: Marion Zimmer Bradley’s Darkover series and the simplicity of H.P. Mallory’s books, both have played a part in my decision to write.

Q: Do you have a favorite?

A: Blue, Mexican, Rum, Tahiti, Diablo II, Taco night...Did you mean writer?

Q: Where is your favorite place to write?

A: On my iPad in the car at the piano teacher’s house...I know lessons are only a half an hour long, but I get a lot of writing done there because I don’t have an internet connection to distract me...LOL

Q: How do you feel about Dr. Pepper?

A: He charges too much, especially since it is my husband who should really be in therapy!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa, for having me on you blog....I'm still wondering "favorite" what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I did mean favorite author but your response is much better! Thanks for being here!
    I love your answer to the last question the most...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Interview, funny as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interview.
    I'm a lover of vampires and sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll love this book then. C.G.'s story is very unique and fresh!

    ReplyDelete