Friday, August 17, 2012

Wanted: Vampire - Free Blood Excerpt

Coming August 24...

 He spoke slowly, introducing himself as Malik Drake with a sharp foreign accent that she couldn’t place. She thought he seemed nice, right up until he said, “You’re dead.

When she froze in place, he continued in a softer tone. “I can tell you are dead inside. You needn’t try to hide it from me. I’ve seen the look before. You are at a party yet you bide your time with hardly an upward glance. You find it dull, do you not? Or perhaps, you would rather be dead?”

“What are you? A shrink?” she asked suspiciously, lifting her head to meet a spine-tingling smirk.

“No, but I should think you might be interested in my unique gifts.”

“Oh, really? Do you drink blood?” she teased, laughing at her own private joke. A tiny gasp escaped her lips when he smiled and tightened his grip around her waist. Her heart beat faster, and she found herself unable to look away from his beauty.

“May I give you a birthday kiss, Alexis?” he asked, running a gloved finger down the side of her neck.  

She didn’t get a chance to answer before his cold lips brushed hers. For a moment they stared into each other’s eyes, and she saw a yellow glow around his pupils. Her mind raced with the possibilities, but her body was losing its ability to function. She couldn’t move. She couldn’t breathe. The air wouldn’t enter her lungs.  


Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you all enjoyed the excerpt!
Enter to win your own free copy of Wanted: Vampire - Free Blood here.

No comments:

Post a Comment