Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Decieved from Stephanie Nelson...It's finally live!

Gwen’s life has been a downward spiral since she discovered vampires crave witches blood. She’s summoned to Moon, the town of witches, where she learns that a war is brewing and she’s the secret weapon. Paired with the Angel of Death, it becomes quickly evident that she’s more powerful than she ever realized. But this reaper isn't the robe wearing, scythe carrying kind – he’s a ruggedly handsome handful that has his eye on Gwen. As if that isn’t enough, she’s still tormented by Ian Desperaux’s constant intrusion into her thoughts and dreams. As Gwen struggles to balance her responsibility to the witches’ council and her secret relationship with her vampire boyfriend, Aiden, she’ll soon discover exactly what it means to be Deceived.




Excerpt:
Once our skin made contact, the air grew thicker around us. I could feel the weight of it pushing against the entirety of my body. I watched as it took on a gray tint, molding against Dorian and me. My fingers clutched his hand tight as my eyes strained to see past the darkening air. Cold replaced the warmth of the day, causing a shiver to tremble through my bones. My teeth rattled against each other, my muscles constricting from the change in temperature. A slight breeze blew against my face, causing my eyes to water. I hung my head and closed my eyes to stop the singing sensation of the wind.

“Open your eyes, Gwen,” Dorian said, but to me it sounded distant and distorted like a dream. I worked on controlling my breathing and calming my heartbeat before I worried about anything else. After a handful of deep breaths and I was satisfied I wouldn’t have a heart attack, I peeked at my surrounding through one eye. The daylight had disappeared and been replaced with gloom. Lifting my head, I opened both eyes and realized I wasn’t in Kansas anymore. Dorian and I were still in the graveyard, but not in our reality—in the realm of the dead. Everything was washed in varying shades of gray and black. Shadows clung to everything and the warmth of the sun was replaced with the icy coldness of death.

And we can't leave out the book trailer since I helped with it!



You can stalk Stephanie on Facebook, and have access to updates on her upcoming books!

http://www.stephanie-nelson.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring me on your blog, Lisa! And thank you for your awesomeness in creating my trailer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me! I'm so excited to read it, I can't tell you. Craved was so awesome! Let me know the minute you know when book 3 will be out!

    ReplyDelete