Monday, November 19, 2012

Tumbleweed Letters Review

When rancher and single father Cam McBride finds a letter tucked in a strip of cloth tied to a tumbleweed, he is captivated by the mysterious author. Finding a second tumbleweed letter further pulls him under the lonely writer's spell. He needs a mother for his little boy and a wife to warm his bed. Could this mysterious woman fill his needs?

Sophie Flannigan is alone, scared, and on the run from a rogue Pinkerton agent. She spends her days as a scrub lady at Madame Dora's brothel and her nights writing notes to the four winds. Her life holds little hope until a small boy lays claim to her and his handsome father proposes an advantageous arrangement.

Can these three benefit from a marriage of convenience, or will a determined Pinkerton agent destroy their fragile, newly formed bond?


Buy on Amazon

My Review:

Tumbleweed Letters by Vonnie Davis

Sweet romance

I won this book in a contest and after reading Those Velvet Eyes (which I highly recommend!), I had to read this. Tumbleweed Letters is a beautiful story of two lonely people who find each other in the Dakota Territory in 1878. Since I’m from South Dakota, I can appreciate the history of the region.

I do think the story could have been expanded and the span of time increased for real love to develop. I would have liked to see the wedding instead of hearing about it afterward. Even so, parts brought tears to my eyes, parts made me laugh out loud, and I very much enjoyed the journey. Eli is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment