Friday, January 9, 2015

Welcome Zoe Ambler

The Road of Darkness is the story of Addison. She's a young Southern Belle in early 1700 Louisiana with a love for Voodoo. She's a child of privilege, but never really let it go to her head. She was always a little odd.

Our little Southern Belle is attacked and turned. A vampire. However, unlike most, she embraces this new 'life'. She finds delight in it. A darkness grows within her.

Like any young vampire left to fend for themselves, she stumbles in her new existence. She meets others here and there, and the world of the paranormal opens up to her.

Due in part to her thrill of bloodlust, she becomes fascinated with war. Soon she is moving from country to country, war to war. Mans evolution and technology in the art of warfare intrigues her.

Through her time and adventures, she has fleeting bits of both happiness and sorrow. The darkness within her will only allow her so much happiness.

Her link with all things Voodoo brings her into the servitude of the Baron Semedi, demi-god of the Underworld. A deal gone bad. It only serves to deepen that darkness. Can anyone help her before she does irrevocable damage to both an entire city of innocent people...and herself?



Buy Links: Amazon / B&N / Kobo / Googleplay



The Road of Darkness is available in both eBook and print form. You can find it at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Scribd, iTunes and Googleplay. (Amazon and Googleplay have it discounted) 

My name is Zoe Ambler and I'm from Enterprise, Alabama. I was a 'military brat', so I've lived all over the place, even Europe. I love collecting oddities and office supplies. I have a lovely fat cat which I spoil like crazy and I'm obsessed with coffee and the coming zombie apocalypse.

Stop on by my Official Site. I blog daily about mundane things, silly things, books, writing...whatever pops into my purple haired head. :) Also follow her on Facebook!



And now for the Interview...

Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself. What do you do for fun?


I'm a Southerner, so I guess for fun I do the stereotypical 'redneck' things. I've gone hunting and fish. I like driving my big truck. But, I also play the violin, badly, but hey, I try. I am an avid gamer though. I absolutely love text based RPG style games and strategy games.

Q: What do you like most about the genre you write in?

I love the different spins you can put on things. The horror genre allows you to take these classic monsters and put your own ideas into them, breaking them from the norm. It also allows you to go through the ages, through history, learning little facts you may not have known along the way.

Q: Where is your favorite place to write?

My home office and my local Coffee Shop. My home office is set up just right, and, well, I'm at home. I don't have to put pants on.

The coffee shop is a favorite place because it keeps me from some of those bad habits like sneaking on to my games and whatnot, allowing me to focus. (The Wi-Fi is slow...not acceptable for gaming. :[ )

Q: What’s your next project?

I'm working on the follow up book to The Road of Darkness. It is pretty much completed, though I found myself with two endings. I'm torn on which one to use. And after that, I am releasing a series of romance/erotica books.

Q: How do you feel about Dr. Pepper? 

I absolutely love Dr. Pepper. I used to buy it by the case monthly, but now I just grab a bottle here and there as a treat.



Thanks so much for being here today, Zoe! Best of luck in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment