Saturday, February 22, 2014

The brakes have been hit.

In my first post of the year, "Burning a Bridge in 2014," I said I was expecting some major life changes that I guessed would be a lot like slamming on the brakes, backing up, then cranking the wheel and flooring it in a different direction.

Well, 53 days in, the brakes have been hit. The inevitable has happened, and I am official getting a divorce. Right now, I feel a bit overwhelmed and devastated even though I had expected it since October. 

Then my grandmother died this morning. That's hard to face alone.

I'm thinking about my motto when I was a kid: "Whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger." I want to find that girl again. She was amazing.

I'm not going to mope because I believe things happen for a reason. I'm hoping for a quick and relatively painless divorce, 60 days where I live if all goes well. And like before, I am looking forward to a happier 2014. I'm trying to stay positive about the future and make the changes that need to be made. It'll be a whole new life and I am NOT a kid anymore. That might be a good thing as I'm seeing that youth is wasted on the young in my kids.


I'm not sure where I'm going in my life right now, what I'll do, where I'll be in a year from now, but that's okay. I'm strong enough to figure it out on my own. 

Thanks for following me on this journey through 2014. I really appreciate your support! 

2 comments:

  1. I think a year from now you will look back at this day and be so proud of the things you have accomplished. We are not defined by the people in our lives but by the impact we have on the people in our lives.

    You are one of the only positive rays of light in my life right now. Friends I thought I had have faded, family that make empty promises-- but my crit partner and friend Lisa -- you are there for me and keep me writing and keep me moving forward. There are days when your kind words are the only reason don't hang up the keyboard.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Danyel! Your friendship means so much and keeps me writing as well!

    ReplyDelete