Friday, May 31, 2013

Home Review

What could a gypsy and a Vietnam veteran have in common?

Silvertown's outcast, Poppy Tippen, has loved football hero Sam "The Force" Callahan forever. But he never seemed to know she was alive. Now he's home from the war and she suddenly finds herself comforting him from the demons of "that damn war." Is his attention merely an escape from the haunting nightmares? Or does she hold the interest of the only man she's ever truly loved?

Sam Callahan's only solace from the war nightmares wrecking his life comes in the unlikely form of a gypsy girl with stigmas of her own. He's known Poppy his entire life, but there's something different about her now. Something special he desperately wants to hold on to. Can he convince her she's the only thing he needs to put the past behind him?



Purchase on Amazon / B&N / for only $ .99!

And now for my review...

HomeHome by Calisa Rhose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Home is a beautiful story about the pain of war, the longing for your high school crush, the stigma with small towns, and the heartbreak that goes with it all. Set in 1967, this story affected me more than it probably should have because personally I am very anti-war. It’s exquisitely-written, touching, and heart-warming with lovable characters. Love overcomes all things in this cozy tale. I loved it!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Home, Lisa. Thank you for the sweet review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I wish I would have read it sooner! Very heart-warming.

    ReplyDelete